Monday 13 February 2012

Growing Up







I love childish humour ,this is not likely to shock you dear reader ,and there is little chance anything will ever change to make me not adore a good knob gag, But recent events have made me for possibly the first time ever ponder my own mortality; I have lived with the notion that I am indestructible for most my life, and as such have never cared about the passing of time, being comfortably well off and ridiculously good looking. Life has been a total blast, from leaving home at 18 to present day not one day can I hand on heart say I regret, is it luck? I don’t know, I just always seem to land on my feet,

So what’s made me ponder the passing of time well firstly the age of my friends especially new ones seem to be getting much younger, this in itself is ok but the age gap brings the inevitable reference gap, in conversation you say flock of seagulls and the “yoofs” think birds rather than odd eighties pop act, laughing at the fact the young know so little is in itself heart warming, but makes you feel old.

This year after 2 years off the road I am taking on a few charities cycling events, in the past I used to get the bike out and within a week cover 50 miles no issue no need to train that much and with next to aches and pains, this year I have established that the body is no longer the finely tuned performance machine I once thought it was

I have also taken up running something I have never done before although I am improving its bothering me that I am so shit at it, after a solid month of going at least 4 times a week sometimes 5 I am still huffing at 2 miles and dying by 3,when I did take the bike out last week the first thing I noticed was just how dam scary fast it is and how tiny the tyres are, where did this need for safety come from, I still drive a speedy car and drive it like I stole it. And still like to climb stuff and jump off it. but now I think about it first I have never once thought that’s to fast or that’s too dangerous, why now am I becoming a girl, what happens as you age to make you realise that you cant just piss ball about all the time and you have to take care of yourself?

Suddenly not being the youngest in the gang has made me actually start to think 1 day, I will be a fogey its nearer than I ever thought it would be, would I go back in time and do it any different? , no way I would not change a thing, would I go back in time and be 20 again? No way. I would love to have a week there and have an enormous about of sex with 20 year old girls but I would not want to stay, so why I now feel the need to take care of myself is still lost to me,

 I feel the same as before I look almost as good as before, but I can say that being older has allowed me to realise that although I had a blast I don’t really want to do it again, so if I ever do invent a time machine I kind of think I will only travel forwards because looking back only makes you feel old.

I hope 2012 is the year that I may at last get married or at least engaged ,may at last become a sensible mature member of society, now all I need is someone to ask me because there’s no way I am buying a ring, well off I may be crazy I aint!

No comments:

Post a Comment